Choosing a glass smoking pipe can be a tough decision especially when you go into a head shop that has a huge selection to choose from. Many stores sell more than pipes and even include everything like wholesale nails & tools. This is why it is important to know the advantages and disadvantages of a glass pipe determine if this is the right device for your smoking needs.
A glass pipe is considered the best option for a smoking pipe and this is why it is one of the most commonly sold items when you visit a head shop. Glass pipes are a preferred option for many reasons:
– They do not heat up on the outside as much as metal pipes
– The taste of the smoke is often different in glass bowls
– More portable and easier to carry
– Made in various styles and unique designs
– Look better with age
Advantages of Using Glass Pipes
- Many smokers will say that the taste is improved with using a glass pipe and this, of course, depends on who is using it. While others will say that the taste is better when you smoke from a wooden or metal smoking pipe, others will agree that glass pipes are popular because of the taste it creates. It can be compared to the taste of imported French wine versus a wine that comes out of a box. Glass pipes allow smokers to taste the flavor of the smoke without any added flavor that is left by the metal or wooden pipe.
- Glass pipes offer more convenience and they are much easier to use since they do not heat up like metal pipes. This means you can enjoy your smoking sessions longer because you will not burn your fingers from holding a hot pipe.
- The smoke is different when it comes from a glass pipe. You get to see the smoke as it fills the chamber and this visual effect is actually very helpful.
- Glass pipes gain more character and look more interesting as they get older. As a glass pipe gets used more, the smoke makes the glass look less transparent. The colors of the glass are altered in a way that gives each pipe its own unique character.
Disadvantages of a Glass Pipe
- Glass pipes are more expensive than metal or wooden pipes. If you are on a tight budget, there are cheaper pipes made of other materials.
- Glass is very fragile so these types of pipes break more easily than other types of pipes made of metal or wood.
- Broken parts cannot be replaced once a solid piece of glass is broken. You have to buy a new one.
- Cannot be disassembled like metal or wooden pipes for easy cleaning.
Follow These Tips
Whether you are a veteran smoker or trying a pipe out for the first time, follow these tips to help you enjoy your next smoking session. There are so many different styles of glass pipes; you will surely find one that perfectly fits your lifestyle and smoking needs.